I have just returned from a very enjoyable first visit to Uganda ans wouls like to pass on the following comments:
1. UWA has raised the entry fees to the parks wef 01 Jan 09. The 3+ nights for $50 is now abolished sadly and its a flat fee of $30/day. Camping fees too have gone up.
2. Fig Tree Camp at Kymbura Gorge – camping is not permitted here. There are some building occupied by UWA staff.
3. Ishasha – Campsite 1 and 2 cannot be used. Reason given was the current situtation in the Congo and that people camping there would be far from rangers if there was an incident. Had to camp by the bandas. Open camping but nowhere as nice as Campsite 1 and 2.
4. Fuel – very unpredictable. Even at a large town like Fort Portal there was no diesel at the major stations for several days. Advice is to fill up where available and not wait for major towns.
5. Campsite at Sebitoli – unable to drive into it so a consideration if lots of equipment has to be carried from the vehicle.