I am currently volunteering for YES, an NGO in Fort Portal, and I wanted to update your coverage of our youth hostel. We have recently acquired solar heating for the hostel and so now we can provide hot showers and our kitchen is currently being refurbished.
Youth Encouragement Services (YES) Hostel
Physical Address: Kakiza Road, Boma, Fort Portal, Uganda, East Africa
Postal Address: Youth Encouragement Services, c/o Carol Adams, PO Box 12, Fort Portal, Uganda
Contact: Emerald Russell email@example.com Tel:+256-773653265
– 52 beds, 6 dorms of 6, 4 dorms of 4
– 1 km from Fort Portal, 1000/500 shillings by Boda (motorbike taxi) from town
– Solar-heated hot water for showers and western plumbing
– Kitchen facilities, newly renovated and available for travellers to use
– Common room with couches and table tennis
– Quiet location with fabulous views of the Rwenzori Mountains
– 7,000 UG shillings per person per night, 100% of proceeds go to YES non profit organisation which provides education and support to 378 orphans and vulnerable children in the Fort Portal area. YES also funds and runs Manna Rescue Home a home for 30 HIV+ orphans. The YES office is located at the Hostel site. Check out www.caroladamsministry.com or search Manna Rescue Home on Facebook.
Thanks, Ruth Dennison